Joe M. Gannon, MD
Dr. Gannon has practiced ophthalmology since 2000. He grew up in rural Texas and moved to Louisiana to obtain his Doctor of Medicine in 1993 from the Louisiana State University School of Medicine. Dr. Gannon completed an anesthesiology internship and his ophthalmology residency at Louisiana State Medical Center in New Orleans.
In 2000, Dr. Gannon began his own practice of comprehensive ophthalmology and eye surgery in New Roads, Louisiana. After selling his practice in 2020 and moving to Lafayette, LA to be closer to family, he joined Dr. Rick Leoni at Leoni Eye Clinic.
Prior to his medical career, Dr. Gannon received his Doctor of Optometry from Northeastern State University in Oklahoma in 1985.
- Lafayette General Medical Center, Attending Staff
- Lafayette General Surgical Hospital, Attending Staff
- Advanced Surgical Care of Baton Rouge
History of Service:
- Served as Chief Deputy Coroner of Pointe Coupee Parish
- United States Navy Veteran
- Served in the Louisiana National Guard
- Patrol/SWAT Officer for New Roads Police Department
- Deputy for Pointe Coupee Sheriff’s Office
- Medical Director for Pointe Coupee Fire Department
Dr. Gannon is an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the Louisiana State Medical Society.
Dr. Gannon is married to Kelley O’Neal Gannon and has two children. He is also passionate about horses, fishing, and playing with his granddaughter Camille.